Classroom Drama – A Practical Guide
A unique and very useful guide for primary school teachers who want to increase the amount of drama work in the classroom…full of valuable insights, lesson plans and practical advice to help teachers to successfully include the educational benefits drama into their teaching and learning strategies, to the benefit all pupils.
“This is a practical guide to teaching drama in the primary classroom. It offers step-by-step guidance to help teachers grow in confidence in their use of drama across the curriculum. A great book for beginners!.”
Carmel O’ Sullivan, Education Department, Trinity College, Dublin.
KEY TOPICS IN THE BOOK INCLUDE:
- Many examples of practical drama teaching strategies
- Advice on how best to use these teaching strategies
- A variety of lesson plans with photo-copiable resources
- References to strands and strand units from the other subjects
- Specific tips for those involved in early years education
- Examples of how drama can be employed in any subject to help childrens comprehension of complex material
- Useful resources and websites
About the Author
Una McCabe lectures in drama at St. Patrick’s College, Drumcondra. She has a wide experience of Drama in Education through her work with children of all ages, student teachers and practicing teachers. She also works with actors, as a trainer and consultant. Una is a regular contributor to journals and conferences in Ireland and abroad on the importance of the Creative Arts in Education.