Getting Started! (Pack)
Getting Started! is the first of two readers in Stage Two of the Rainbow English Programme.
This reader contains extracts from published children’s literature, factual pieces of writing and poems. The Rainbow English Programme is in line with the New Primary Language Curriculum.
The published extracts have been carefully chosen by peer reviewers and cover a wide range of reading genres. They have been graded to ensure an age-appropriate level of difficulty, with a gradual and continued progression.
Each reading extract is:
- preceded by a Pre-Reading Activity
- followed by a Post-Reading Activity
- consolidated with a series of comprehension, vocabulary and grammar exercises
Getting Started! is accompanied by a ground-breaking Portfolio book that reinforces the comprehension, vocabulary, word study/phonics, grammar, punctuation covered in the core book.
- A unique feature of the portfolio book is that it covers all the writing genres.
- The portfolio is a clear record of the student’s work for the year.
The teacher’s notes that accompany Getting Started! feature a comprehensive week-by-week, month-by-month scheme outlining all elements included in the book.