Caint is Comhrá (Third to Sixth Class)
The Caint is Comhrá textbook includes a wide range of stories and exercises covering all ten themes outlined in the NEW Primary Language Curriculum.
Each textbook includes:
- Fortnightly-structured units, allowing all themes to be taught twice per year.
- Graded stories covering a wide variety of reading genres.
- Teaching points and guided activities to help develop the pupils’ oral language, reading and writing skills.
- Vibrant, real-life, conversation-based activities to encourage oral language development.
- Specially-written songs and poems to consolidate the teaching points in each unit.
Each Caint is Comhrá textbook is accompanied by an excellent portfolio book.
The portfolio book includes:
- All writing genres, extensively modelled for use on the whiteboard.
- A spelling programme linked to the theme of each unit.
- Listening activities that relate to the story in each unit.
- Extra grammar and comprehension work.
- Extra word study and phonics.
- A clear record of the pupil’s work for the year.
Teacher’s Resource Book
A comprehensive teacher’s resource book guides the teacher through the programme using the language of the NEW Primary Language Curriculum.
- An extensive yearly scheme and yearly plan.
- Week-by-week and fortnightly plans.
- Writing genres and modelling.
- Guidelines on spelling, grammar and verbs.
- Suggestions for oral language development.
- Assessment guidelines.
Individual Pupil Profile Assessment Booklet
A free individual pupil profile assessment booklet is also available to monitor progress.
- The booklet will help the teacher to:
- Review the progress of each pupil and the whole class.
- Plan for consolidation and further learning.
- Assist in the communication with parents on the progress of each pupil.
Caint is Comhrá includes a suite of invaluable digital resources. The free interactives support the learning points of each unit in a fun and stimulating manner. A range of games, animations and listening exercises will aid pupils’ acquisition of the skills and teaching points of each unit.
The digital resources for use on the whiteboard include:
- Vocabulary interactives for reinforcement of new keywords.
- Animated videos of the stories covered in each unit of the textbook.
- Exciting grammar and spelling interactives.
- Listening activities linked to the portfolio book.
- Songs and poems with an audio on/off option.
All resources are embedded in the teacher’s ebook for ease of use in the classroom. These free digital resources will also be available for access on our website.