Sounds Like Phonics
Key features of the Sounds Like Phonics programme
- Each exercise is aligned with learning outcomes as per the Primary Language Curriculum.
- Visual, auditory, kinesthetic and tactile activities provide a framework structure for beginning readers, while enhancing learning and memory.
- Activity Books include unique elements to reinforce the multisensory approach:
- Tactile letters
- My Sound Mirror for every pupil
- Sorting activities (cut, sort and glue words/pictures into correct sound groups)
- Pictorial mnemonics.
- Themed units link learning across the Activity Books and interactives – The Funfair, The Market, The Toy Shop, The Zoo, The Park, The Restaurant, The School and more.
- Videos demonstrate correct pronunciation and mouth movements for each sound specific to Irish diction.
- Animations and interactive posters reinforce letter recognition, categorisation and formation.
- Teacher-led and pupil-led interactive games provide meaningful learning experiences (beginning, ending, middle letters, CVC words, early blending/reading and more).
- The TRB supports the Activity Books and interactives, with additional resources such as rhymes, songs, class games and worksheets.