Exploring Biology (Pack)
Exploring Biology is a concise, accessible and up-to-date textbook and workbook to accompany the Biology Leaving Certificate course. Written by an experienced Biology teacher and examiner, it contains many useful features to engage students and optimise the learning process. Included are key definitions, exam tips, practice questions and summaries of each chapter.
This new and comprehensive Biology package is written in an engaging style by an author with more than 30 years experience in the classroom.
- The book uses clear, precise language, and many diagrams are included to further explain the content.
- Each chapter starts with learning outcomes to guide students through the topic.
- A separate glossary of definitions and differentiated questions for Higher and Ordinary Level students, as well as a revision summary for each chapter, provide excellent support for consolidation.
- Many exam tips are included throughout the book, with a special focus on how to avoid common errors in exam answers.
- All mandatory practical activities are explained in full at the end of the relevant chapters.
- A ‘Making Connections’ feature links the topics to real-life situations and ‘Extend Your Knowledge’ boxes are provided throughout to challenge ambitious students.
- Accompanied by a workbook for further consolidation.
Author: Peter Jackson