Geographical Investigation: River Studies
An all-inclusive G.I. Guide that allows students to work independently and have a full understanding of the Geographical Investigation before heading out to the field. This book will save a lot of class time in completing the Geographical Investigation.
For students undertaking a Geographical Investigation in a river environment, this covers all natural and human impacts.
- Introduces students to the Geographical Investigation and gives them the skills required to achieve the best possible marks.
- Incorporates a revision chapter to give students an opportunity to review the topic before embarking on the investigation.
- Provides comprehensive guidance on how to complete each section of the investigation:
- Gathering of information
- Includes worksheets to record information collected – an invaluable resource for both students and teachers.
- Covers the geographical skills required for the Investigation and describes the correct use of geographical instruments in detail.
- Contains excellent illustrations to help students with their sketches and drawings in the G.I. Reporting Booklet.
- Includes a sample Reporting Booklet for students to practise before completing the official booklet.
Authors: Colette Flanagan and Catherine Turley