Los geht’s! is a combined textbook and workbook, designed specifically for Transition Year German.
- Contains twelve thematic chapters adapted to common elements of TY as well as the calendar.
- Task-based activities and projects are used throughout to engage learners, with a special emphasis on Landeskunde, providing an opportunity for students to broaden their knowledge of life and culture in German-speaking countries.
- A wide variety of reading, writing and listening activities is included, reflecting ways in which teenagers communicate with the world around them – from traditional methods such as letter-writing to more modern social media channels.
- Each chapter features an oral section, wherein a mixture of Allgemeine Fragen, Bildergeschichten and Rollenspiele can be used as part of TY assessment and as classroom activities.
- Provides many opportunities for in-depth revision and expansion of vocabulary as well as grammar learned throughout the Junior Cycle, with student-centred learning at the core of each chapter.
- Cross-curricular links are evident throughout the book.
A gentle transition from the use of English to German in comprehension questions and activity instructions helps to bridge the gap from Junior to Senior Cycle German.