Premiers Pas 2 (Pack)
Premiers Pas 2 follows the new specification for Junior Cycle French, providing an exciting opportunity to modernise how young learners experience the French language for the first time.
- Consolidates work covered in Premiers Pas 1 through integrated revision exercises.
- Embraces the three strands of the Junior Cycle Specification: Communicative competence, Language awareness and Sociocultural knowledge and intercultural awareness.
- Integrates all five language skills (listening, reading, spoken production, spoken interaction, writing) consistently.
- Introduces vocabulary and grammar points through an integrated communicative approach. Students discover rules and patterns, while the Carnet de vocabulaire et grammaire enables them to document what they have learned.
- Focuses on specific elements of French pronunciation, supported with exercises, images, video and audio recordings.
- Incorporates Assessment for Learning techniques.
- Provides a Student Learning Record. Mon passeport de classe aids self-directed learning.
- Adopts an active student-centred approach, with linked station work, games, pair and group work.
- Focuses on famous figures from the French-speaking world through the Qui suis-je ? feature.
- Emphasises cultural and intercultural content through Fiches Découvertes and independent seasonal Dossiers.
- Reflects modern communication (emails, messages, social media, video blogs).
- Uses a variety of oral and written assessment techniques, both formative and summative. Les défis allow students to develop a multimedia portfolio of work, while working together to develop critères de succès.
- Prepares students for real-life situations from the French-speaking world through the integrated revision feature Dans la vie de tous les jours at the end of each unit.
Authors: Gemma Kelly & Jacinta Cleary