Text & Tests 2 – Higher Level (New Edition)
The bestselling textbooks Text & Tests 2 – with separate volumes for Ordinary and Higher Levels – have been comprehensively revised for the new Junior Cycle Maths specification.
- Designed to be student-friendly and accessible, both books contain:
- A large range of carefully constructed and imaginatively written questions taking students up to examination standard.
- A style of question designed to develop problem-solving skills.
- A large range of contextualised questions relating maths to the real world.
- Investigations and assignments which help students plan for Classroom-Based Assessments (CBAs).
- Investigations to encourage class discussion and present opportunities for group work.
- Assignments to allow each student to research and present their individual/group results.
- Online reviews that allow students to evaluate their individual progress.
Each book focuses on the Key Skills of:
- Being Numerate
- Working with others
- Being Creative
- Managing Information and Thinking
Both textbooks will be accompanied by Teachers’ Resource Books, which will:
- support teachers as they ‘unpack’ the learning outcomes for each section.
- provide support work for the investigations and assignments.
Fully worked solutions to the exercises in the textbooks will also be available online for teachers.
Authors: Paul Cooke, O. D. Morris, Deborah Crean