Viel Spaß! 2 – New Edition (Pack)
Viel Spaß! 2 is the second book in a two-part series for the Junior Cycle German programme.
Based on the bestselling previous edition, this updated and redesigned book is a textbook and workbook in one package.
This second and third year book comprises 18 chapters covering relevant and interesting topics such as shopping, cooking, directions, fashion, environment and integration. Each chapter includes a variety of reading materials as well as reading, listening and speaking exercises.
As an important feature of the Junior Cycle German programme is the gathering of material for the Student Portfolio, suitable portfolio exercises are flagged throughout the book. To encourage more active participation from students and to prepare them for the Classroom-Based Assessments (CBAs), there are many suggestions for group activities and oral presentations.
In addition, Viel Spaß! 2 offers the following features:
- A video clip on each topic is available in the eBook or online.
- An introduction section illustrating the grammatical links between German and other European languages.
- A list of learning objectives in German at the start of each chapter.
- Dedicated vocabulary boxes to help the learner understand any new words in the chapter.
- User-friendly illustrated grammar dialogues, which clarify the grammar points that arise in the chapter.
- A wide variety of fun games such as board games, spelling games and quizzes.
- An end-of-chapter vocabulary revision section.
- An end-of-chapter student self-assessment form for effective learning.
- A handy grammar reference section at the back of the book, including a 1-page grammar summary.
- A student test booklet.
- Colourful posters to support the learning of key topics.
- A Teachers’ Resource Book.
Author: Niamh O’Rourke