Language in Focus – New Edition
This thoroughly revised edition of the best-selling book Language in Focus comprehensively prepares higher level students for Paper One of the Leaving Certificate English paper.
- Contains a wide variety of new sample texts, including extracts from articles, novels, emails, websites, short stories and poems.
- Includes many real-world texts written by actual Irish Leaving Certificate students, indicating the style and quality required in the exam.
- Offers valuable tips for answering both the Comprehending and Composing sections of Paper One.
- Introduces students to the categories of language (information, argument, persuasion, narration, aesthetic) set out in the Leaving Certificate English syllabus.
- Provides a wide-ranging selection of exam-style questions and exercises to test students’ comprehension and composition skills.
- Questions are designed to encourage the development of the vital skills of understanding, interpretation and analysis.
- Contains a grammar section to help students to write correctly and effectively.